The Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC, Bellator, WSOF, Invicta, Pride, WEC, StrikeForce

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Will Invicta's DeAnna Bennett Be Next UFC Strawweight Call-up?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Will Invicta's DeAnna Bennett Be Next UFC Strawweight Call-up? Empty
PostSubject: Will Invicta's DeAnna Bennett Be Next UFC Strawweight Call-up?   Will Invicta's DeAnna Bennett Be Next UFC Strawweight Call-up? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 10:07 pm

Will Invicta's DeAnna Bennett Be Next UFC Strawweight Call-up? 021_Deanna_Bennett-InvictaFC

With three wins in three fights for Invicta FC, strawweight DeAnna “Argentine Assassin” Bennett has become one of the promotion’s most consistent fighters, but that doesn’t mean things have been easy.

Most recently Bennett picked up a win on the company’s Feb. 27 show against Norma Rueda Center in a fight that ended up going all three rounds.

“She’s a really tough competitor,” Bennett said of Center. “She’s definitely got heart. She’s definitely got skills as well. She has one loss ever, and that was to Joanne Calderwood, so I knew it would be a tough fight.

“I’m probably my biggest critic and felt I was a little tentative in this fight. I was kind of nervous about the 115-pound aspect and how it was going to be, so I definitely think I didn’t give it my full potential. It was still a win and a learning experience for my next fight.”

Though she might not have pushed herself as hard because of the new weight, Bennett told MMAWeekly.com that moving down to strawweight felt like the right move.

“Honestly, I felt great,” she said. “I was nervous I was going to gas out from the weight cut and not be as strong as I would be, but I felt just as strong as I did at 125 pounds, so it’s not going to be a problem to be at 115 pounds.”

Undefeated in her first seven fights, Bennett wouldn’t be remised if she wanted a title shot against current 115-pound champion Katja Kankaanpaa, but she’ll take whatever fight comes her way.

“Obviously, I want to take it to the top and be the best that I can,” said Bennett. “I’ll pretty much fight anybody that they’ll give me the opportunity to.

“I definitely like to pay attention to what’s going on with other fighters in the division. I’m definitely going to be watching (Kankaanpaa fight Livia Renata Souza at Invicta 12). I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on the competition and what’s going on with that.”
Back to top Go down
https://thearchive.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Archive :: MMA News/Discussion-
Jump to: